This set contains General Awareness Questions that can be asked in exams like IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, RRB, SSC etc. General Awareness section is contained in every competitive exam whether it is Banking exam or SSC.
1. Recently, which of the following animal has been declared as the state animal of Rajasthan?
2. Recently, President Pranab Mukherjee dedicated ‘RuPay’ to the nation. Which of the following statements pertaining to ‘RuPay’ is/are correct?
A. ‘RuPay’ is a new card payment scheme. It is the coinage of two terms Rupee and Payment.
B. ‘RuPay’ symbolizes the capabilities of the banking industry in India to build a card payment network so that dependency on international card scheme is minimized.
C. Both (a) & (b)
D. Neither (a) nor (b)
3. Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, gifted ‘Samvidhan’- Making of the Constitution of India – to the Chairman of the Constitution Assembly of ___ on August 03, 2014.
D. South Africa
4. Who received, on June, 2014 the ‘Indian Player of the Year’ award at the Ceat awards function ?
A. Gautam Gambhir
B. Rohit Sharma
C. Virender Sehwag
D. R. Ashwin
5. Who has authored the book, ‘Narendra Modi – The Game Changer’ ?
A. Chetan Bhagat
B. Vikram Seth
C. Sudesh Verma
D. R. N. Mishra
6. What is the share split that was agreed by the Central Board of the State bank of India (SBI) on 24 September 2014?
7. Japan researchers at Nagasaki University, on 2 September 2014, developed a new method to detect the presence of the Ebola Virus in 30 minutes. This method is known as ____.
8. India will test-fire the nuclear- capable Nirbhay cruise missile from the integrated test range at Balasore in Odisha on ____, the second launch of the indigenous weapon developed by DRDO.
A. November 15, 2014
B. October 17, 2015
C. October 17, 2014
D. September 12, 2015
9. How many medals in all have been won by India, in Commonwealth Games 2014, held in Glasgow?
10. Consider the following names :
1. Edward Snowden with Alan Rusbridger
2. Asma Jahangir
3. Basil Fernando and Bill McKibben
The above are the winners of which of the following Award :
A. 2014 Right Livelihood honorary Award
B. Booker Award
C. Nobel Award
D. None of These
11. Name the autobiography of M.C. Mary Kom, the Olympic Bronze Medalist and five times World Champion women Boxer.
A. Indomitable Will
D. Hard Choices : A Memoir
12. Recently, the Great Himalayan National Park (GHNP) in Himachal Pradesh was accorded the UNESCO World Heritage Site status. It is located in which district of Himachal Pradesh ?
13. Recently the word “Bladabindi” was in news. What does it mean?
A. Computer Virus
B. A World Heritage Site
C. A Community in Africa
D. A new Comet discovered recently
14. Who among the following is the new Governor of U.P?
A. Ram Naik
B. Shyam Verma
C. Mohammad Shafi Qureshi
D. Suraj Bhan
15. Reserve Bank of India Governor Raghuram Rajan and Arundhati Bhattacharya, the first women to head ____, are the two Indians who have made it to the list of Bloomberg’s 540 most it influential.
A. Punjab National Bank
B. State bank Of India
C. Bank of Baroda
D. Canara Bank
16. India Passport holders can gain easy access – allowing Indians entry without visa or providing visa on arrival – to how many countries ?
17. India’s biggest tax reform initiative, Goods and Service tax (GST) is set to be rolled out by ___.
A. April 2015
B. October 2016
C. April 2016
D. October 2015
18. The Jan Dhan Yojana, launched on August 28, 2014 plans to extend financial services in a country where ____ percent of an estimated 24.67 crore households will have access to banking services.
19. What is the new name of MCX Stock Exchange (MCX-SX) that was approved by capital market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) recently?
A. Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India( mSXI)
B. Money Stock Exchange of India (mSXI)
C. Monetary Stock Exchange of India (mSXI)
D. Maha Stock Exchange of India (mSXI)
20. Recently, an international team of 34 scientists spotted the footprints of Dinosaurs in which of the following districts of Rajasthan?