This set contains General Awareness Questions that can be asked in exams like IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, RRB, SSC etc. General Awareness section is contained in every competitive exam whether it is Banking exam or SSC.
1. When did India launch dot Bharat domain name in Devanagari script covering eight languages- Hindi, Bodo, Dogri, Konkani, Maithil, Marathi, Nepali, and Sindhi-Devanagri ?
A. August 15, 2014
B. August 25, 2014
C. August 20, 2014
D. August 27, 2014
2. Recently, the Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley, announced, to set up mega food parks in order to help promote food processing industry in the country. Which of the following statements is not true in this regard?
A. It is primarily a flagship program initiated by the Union Ministry of Food Processing industries.
B. The main objective of the scheme is to establish the integrated value chain by keeping processing at the focal point.
C. The scheme aims at creation of infrastructure for the primary processing centres as well as the cold chains at farm level in certain identified regions.
D. The centre will provide a sum of 500 crore rupees to NABARD for setting up the park.
3. On August 29, 2014 the Tennis Coach received Dhyanchand award from the President Pranab Mukherjee. Name him.
A. Zeeshan Ali
B. Pullela Gopichand
C. Prakash Padukone
D. None of these
4. The book, “Your Dreams are Mine Now: She Showed him What I Love was’ has been authored by –
A. Ravinder Singh
B. Anupam Kher
C. Vinod Mehta
D. Chetan Bhagat
5. Olympic Gold Medalist Abhinav Bindra, on 25 July 2014, won the Gold Medal in Men’s 10-m Air Rifle event at the 2014 commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Scotland. He shot __ to win the Gold.
A. 95 points
B. 205.3 points
C. 400 points
D. 185 points
6. Which State on September 28, 2014 was brought under President’s rule?
7. How many environmental activists have been honoured with the ‘Goldman Environment Prize 2014’, commonly called Green Nobel?
8. Which of the following countries is planning to make water on Moon by 2018 and oxygen on Mars by 2020?
9. On August 19, 2014, PM Narendra Modi announced the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Seenchayi Yojna to meet the irrigation of all farmers in __.
B. Haryana & Punjab
C. Haryana, Punjab & UP
D. Across the Country
10. Recently, Google tied up with which of the following country’s brands to unveil cheap Android Phones ?
11. Who is the new chairperson of the National commission for Women?
A. Lalitha Kumaramanglam
B. Mamta Shana
C. Nafisa Ali
D. Razni Razdan
12. Which of the following sportsperson celebrated his first Formula One victory on June 8, 2014 in a Canadian Grand Prix?
A. Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull)
B. Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
C. Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull)
D. Jenson Button (McLaren)
13. Recently released, “ The Substance and the shadow: An Autobiography” is the autobiography of ____
A. Dilip Kumar
B. Amitabh Bachchan
C. Aamir Khan
D. Hema Malini
14. During July 2014 India and ____ agreed to review and update the treaty of peace and friendship 1950, implement the Bilateral Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement (BIPPA) and finalise the text of a Power Trade Agreement at the earliest; in a joint statement issued after a marathon meeting between the two sides.
15. After the outbreak of the Ebola Virus, with almost 1000 fatalities in ____, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared an international public health emergency on 8 August, 2014.
A. West Africa
C. Saudi Arabia
16. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization on August 25, 2014 announced a rate of interest of ___ per cent for 2014-15 on provident funds deposits of its over five crore subscribers in the country.
17. In which state is the three-day national conference on “India for Animals 2014” beginning in September12, 2014 is being held for the first time?
B. New Delhi
18. Who among the following was chosen as the Most Valuable Player (MVP) of India’s Incheon Asian Games campaign at a felicitation of the medal winners by contingent sponsors, Samsung India?
A. MC Mary Kom
B. Yogeshwar Dutt
C. Abhinav Bindra
D. Dipika Pallikal
19. Who among the following is the author of ‘Forge Your Future’?
A. A.P.J Abdul kalam
B. Pranab Mukherjee
C. Atal Bihari Vajpayee
D. Sushma Swaraj
20. PM Narendra Modi’s Speech on August 15, 2014 was the ___ longest Independence Day Speech by a Prime Minister.