This set contains General Awareness Questions that can be asked in exams like IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, RRB, SSC etc. General Awareness section is contained in every competitive exam whether it is Banking exam or SSC.
1. As stated by the Union Law minister, Ravi Shankar Prasad on 29 September 2014, the Union Govt. has proposed to repeal how many outdated laws in the upcoming winter session of Parliament ?
2. Recently, one of the following state governments has decided to develop 42 sq. km. Tehri Dam Reservoir as a destination for adventure tourism.
A. Himachal Pradesh
C. Madhya Pradesh
D. Uttar Pradesh
3. What is the name of the Prime Minister of New Zealand who won a third term in office with an unprecedented govern-alone victory on 20 September 2014?
A. John Key
B. Sir Geoffrey Palmer
C. Mike Moore
D. Helen Clark
4. Actor Richard Kiel, most famous for his role as towering Bond Villain Jaws died recently at the age of 74. He belonged to which country
5. India is the World’s number _____ largest economy, according to the International Monetary Fund (IMF) .
6. The 14th Finance Commission is expected to submit its report by October 2014. Who is its Chairman?
A. Y.V.Reddy, former RBI governor
B. Vijay Kelkar, former finance Secretary
C. D. Subbarao, former RBI governor
D. Bimal Jalan, former RBI governor
7. The sixth Economic Census of Delhi, 2013, that was released on September 19, 2014 put the average employment size per enterprise in Delhi at ____, which is higher than the national average of 2.18.
8. During September 2014, Union Government constituted a high-level committee to review five environment laws, which will be headed by the Cabinet Secretary T S R Subramanian comprising of ___ members.
9. Recently, NASA’s Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity set the record of maximum distance covered by a rover, when it travelled a distance of
A. 157 feet
C. 185 feet
D. 200 feet
10. What is Apple’s new compiled programming language for iOS and OSX development called ?
11. On October 3, 2014 which country’s gold medal winning women’s hammer thrower Zhang Wenxiu was kicked out for failing a dope test by Incheon 2014 Asian Games Organisers?
A. North Korea
B. South Korea
12. Where will 21st FIFA World Cup 2018 be held?
13. Who among the following has been chosen as the best entrepreneur in the list of 10 billionaire in 2014 by Global Wealth intelligence firm (Wealth-X)?
A. Bill Gates
B. Warren Buffet
C. Gautam Adani
D. None of the Above
14. A much anticipated novel ‘HALF GIRLFRIEND’ released on 1st October, 2014. It is written by-
A. Jean Dreze
B. Chetan Bhagat
C. Salman Rushdee
D. Mira Nair
15. Who among the following has written the book, “ Narendra Modi: A Visionary Prime Minister”
A. Aashu Patel
B. Neha Patel
C. Amit Shah
D. Arun Jaitley
16. In which country was the fourth World Cup Carrom held from September 13 to 17, 2014?
C. Sri Lanka
17. During September 2014, Volcano Mount Ontake in Japan erupted killing more than 30 people and injuring many people. The Volcano has been placed under a ___ by Japenese Meterological Agency.
A. Level 2 alert
B. Level 3 alert
C. Level 4 alert
D. Level 5 alert
18. The Government of India has recently decided to implement infrastructure projects worth how many lakh crore in 2014-15 to underline the priority of the sector in the overall economy?
A. Rs. 1 Lakh Crore
B. Rs. 2 Lakh crore
C. Rs. 2.5 Lakh crore
D. Rs. 3 Lakh crore
19. Recently, which of the following country issued a serious warning to its doctors to watch for signs of Ebola virus?
20. During October 2014, who among the following has been appointed Chief Economic Advisor (CEA) in the Union Finance Ministry?
A. Arvind Subramanian
B. Shashi Subramanian
C. Kaushik Basu
D. Pradeep Mishra