This set contains General Awareness Questions that can be asked in exams like IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, RRB, SSC etc. General Awareness section is contained in every competitive exam whether it is Banking exam or SSC.
1. Who among the following was awarded the Kiel Institute for World Economy prize for 2014?
A.Biocoin CMD Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw
B.Liberian President Ellen Johanason Sirleaf
C.American Economist Richard Thaler
D.All of the above
2. ’MahaSecure’ is a
A.Digital Banking App, introduced by Bank of Maharashtra, to enable secure access to internet banking to both retail and corporate customers
B.A top security software introduced by Microsoft
C.A software developed by Tata Consultancy Services for internet users
3. Who is the current Finance Secretary of Government of India?
D.None of these
4. Which of the following leading groups of industries is the ‘largest retailer’ of India?
A.Kishore Biryani’s Future Group
D.Aditya Birla Group
5. Which of the following is mismatched?
A.TATA Group – Infinity Group
B.Future Group – Life Style Customer
C.Aditya Birla Group – Pantaloons
D.Reliance Industries – Landmark and Trent
6. Competition Commission of India slapped a fine of ₹3crore on-
7. Which of the following company brand are not in TATA group?
C.Landmark and Trent
8. Who won the Pen Pinter Prize, 2014, a prize established by Writer’s Charity English Pen in memory of famous British playwright and Nobel Laureate Harold Pinter?
B.Sir Tom Stoppard
C.Carol Ann Duffy
D.Sir David Hare
9. Which of the following Airlines has maximum share in domestic air passenger traffic?
A.Air India (domestic)
10. Ministry Of Railway hiked rail-fare by ……….% and freight rates by ………..% in a pre-budget exercise.
A.Flat 10% on both
B.14.2 and 6.5
C.10.5 and 8.2
D.12.6 and 7.3
11. ’Rinn Mukthi’ Scheme is being implemented in –
12. Which of the following monuments/sites has/have been included in UNESCO’s World Heritage list?
A.The Queen’s Stewell in Gujarat
B.Great Himalayan National Park, Himachal Pradesh
C.Keoladeo National Park, Bharatpur
D.Both (A) and (B)
13. Novak Djokovic won the men’s single Wimbeldon 2014. He defeated-
14. As on July 1,2014 which of the following cities has emerged as following cities has emerged as the World’s second most populous city?
15. It is often said that the Indian rupee is weak or strong. The term has a meaningful reference in relation to-
A.Foreign exchange rate
B.Purchasing power in domestic market
C.Storage value of Indian currency
D.All of the above
16. General Anti Avoidance Rules (GAAR) in income tax Act will be applicable from-
A.April 1, 2015
B.April 1, 2016
C.April 1, 2017
D.April 1, 2018
17. Which of the following groups of the cities is not a metro city?
C.Hyderabad and Bengaluru
D.Ahmedabad and Jaipur
18. India’s place in doing Business Index 2014 is-
19. Prime Minister of India is-
20. Who has the power to pardon in case of capital punishment?
D.Attorney General of India