This set contains Fill in the Blanks Questions for IBPS and SSC. In the English section, the question from Fill in the blanks will have four alternatives and you have to choose the correct option. These questions can be asked in exams like IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, RRB, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, UPSC and other competitive exams.
Fill in the Blanks questions Set 1
Directions: (01 to 20): In each of the following sentences there are blank spaces. Below each sentence there are four words denoted by numbers a), b), c), d). Find out a correct word which can be filled up in the blanks in the sentence in the same sequence to make it meaningfully complete.
1. The hotel was not too expensive, ______
2. Like humans, zoo animals must have a dentist _____ their teeth.
D.to be filled
3. It was very kind of you to do the washing-up, but you ______ it.
A.didn’t have to do
B.hadn’t to do
C.mightn’t have done
D.mustn’t have done
4. He went ______ sea alone.
5. The ______ of our civilization from an agricultural society to today’s complex industrial world was accompanied by war.
6. The court ______ cognisance of the criminal’s words.
7. _____ wins this civil war there will be little rejoicing at the victory.
8. As he got older his belief in these principles did not _______.
9. everyone in this world is accountable to God _____ his actions.
10. Your father used to be the principal of this college, ______?
11. A wise man profits ______ the mistakes of others.
12. My friend has written a ______ account of his journey to the Mars.
13. Speed is ______ essence.
14. I was washing my face as the insect _____ quietly into the bedroom.
15. During the recent floods two thirds of our city _______ in ruins.
16. I have _____ Lakshmi for the past twelve years.
17. He did not qualify _____ the job.
18. _____ the last ten years we have been victims of abuse.
19. The strike has been called ______.
20. He is always angry _____his children.