Here is another Practice set on Fill in the Blanks for exams like IBPS, SBI, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS.
PRACTICE SET- 8 ON FILL IN THE BLANKS FOR SSC CGL EXAM
In the following questions,sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word.Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four as your answer.
1. The Japanese car maker defines it as the reduction of cost through the ____ of waste.”
2. These steps are _____ to protect only groups but not the society or local community as whole.
3. Today spasm is one of the most _____ areas of medical research.
4. As late as the 1950’s more than half of all reporters ______ a college degree.
5. He disliked the idea of a film that drew _____ to its style rather than the contents.
6. The sun is bigger than ___ Earth.
7. Contentment is essential ___ happiness.
8. In 2001, _____ a teacher?
9. The car can be driven at ______ speed of 150 kmph.
10. We always _____ your team at cricket.
11. The recent ______ in the size of the army is alarming.
12. Please _____ that the lights are switched off at night.
13. A well-read man is quick to catch literary _______.
14. A dog is a _______ animal.
15. There are not solitary, free living creatures ; every form of life is _____ other forms.
16. I’ll take _____ now as I have another appointment some where else.
D.leave from work
17. A garden knife is _____ used forright pruning.
18. Serious threat to our ecology and environment can be ____.
19. ‘My India’ by Corbett deals ____ the author’s familiarity with and love of India.
20. The general Manager was able to break the labour management _____.