Below is the set 9 on Fill in the Blanks for IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, SBI, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, CDS. As at least 5 or more questions will be asked. The best way to improve your English is to solve start with Grammar and reading news article daily.
SET- 9 ON FILL IN THE BLANKS FOR IBPS EXAM
In the following questions, sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word.Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four as your answer.
1. The king ____ the rebel.
D.None of these
2. I saw a ____ of cows in the field.
3. He was sent to the prison for his _____.
3. The answer was written ____ blue ink.
4. Affix a revenue stamp and put your signature ____ it.
5. A girl was _______ allegedly for refusing to share her older sister’s phone number with a stalker.
6. The survivors are _____ being treated in different hospitals.
7. He even _____ a mysterious sulk when I asked him what he planned to do about it.
8. The country has ____ launched the world’s most powerful rocket.
9. Looking _____ I now see all the mistakes I made when I was young.
10. The ship of the merchants ______ tossed to the island by the rough sea wave.
11. They ____ his house and found a number of stolen articles.
12. You can either pay the _____ or go to prison for a month.
13. The wolves ______ all night and kept us awake.
14. The current rate of increase for motor spirit is four ____ five percent per annum.
15. It is perilously easy to decry so ____ a historical figure without trying to understand the motives for his reprehensible actions.
16. Even more interesting than the completed masterpiece can be the _____ work of he artist : the first draft manuscript, the initial pencil sketches, the symphony rehearsal.
17. The workers were bored by the mindless routine of their jobs their performance, therefore was a mechanical, no more than _____.
18. People who put on weight ______ have to be careful of what they eat.
19. My grandfather _____ his wealth among his five children
20. Indian families _____ their love only through food.