Here is set of ERROR SPOTTING QUESTIONS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAM SET 16 like IBPS PO, CLERK, UPSC, RRB, SSC. The answers with explanations are given.
ERROR SPOTTING QUESTIONS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAM
Directions: (1-10) Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any will be in one part of the sentence. Select the part with the error as your answer. If there is no error, select ‘No error’ as your answer. Ignore the errors of punctuations, if any.
1. This company has been (1)/ served a legal notice for (2)/ using banned substances in (3) / the manufacture of its products.(4) No error (5)
2. All coastal villages have (1)/ been evacuated to prevent (2)/ any losses of life due (3)/ to the incoming cyclone.(4) No error (5)
3. The reporter was arrested and (1)/ his camera seized by the police, (2)/ after he entered the prohibited (3) / zone and started taken photos. (4)/No error (5)
4. After been caught drinking (1)/ in their hostel room, the (2) students were suspended from (3) the college for a week. (4) / No error (5)
5. Once the party ended, we (1) / realised that it was (2) midnight and that there was (3)/ no way we could return home (4)/. No error (5)
6. There has been a (1)/ shortage in the supply of (2)/ water in the city (3)/ due for a lack of rainfall, (4)/ No error (5)
7. This move has resulted (1)/ in bringing commodity (2)/ prices down and uplift (3)/ the country’s economy. (4)/ No error (5)
8. Raj could not take the (1)/ call as he have put his cell (2)/ phone in ‘silent’ mode and thus (3) could not hear it ring. (4)/ No error (5)
9. He has a passion (1) for climbing mountains and (2) is contemplates to scale (3) / Everest next year. (4)/ No error (5).
10. In their statement, the (1)/officials have blamed (2)/ their supervisors for (3)/ having mismanaged the situation.(4)/ No error (5)
More sets of SPOTTING ERROR QUESTIONS FOR IBPS and English study material here