Here in this post, we are providing you English word power for SSC CGL. Daily, we will be providing ten to fifteen new words to help you build your vocabulary for the upcoming SSC CGL 2016 exam.
These word power are useful for English section of all the competitive examinations IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk, RBI Assistant, SBI, UPSC, CDS etc. We will soon be providing you the complete list of all the words.
english Word Power for SSC CGL Set 1
1. Seismography : –Study of earthquakes
2. Iconoclast : –a person who attacks settled beliefs or institutions / a person who destroys religious images
3. Gourmet : –a connoisseur of good food
4. Quadrennial : – occurring once in every four years
5. Garrulous : –excessively Talkative
6. Stoic : –a person who can endure pain or hardship without showing their feelings
7. Usurer : –a person who lends money at unreasonably high rates of interest
8. Cartographer : –a person who creates maps
9. Cardiologist : –specializes in heart diseases
10. Biarchy : –A government ruled by two people