Economics Questions for SSC CGL and IBPS PO, Clerk, SBI PO, SBI Clerk, UPSC examinations. We will soon be uploading more Economics questions for SSC CGL exam.
ECONOMICS QUESTIONS FOR SSC CGL SET 1
1. National income is based on the?
A.total revenue of the state
B.production of goods and services
C.net profit earned and expenditure made by the state
D.the sum of all factors of incomes
2. ‘Utility’ in economics means the capacity to?
B.earn an income
C.satisfy human wants
D.satisfy human motives
3. Labour welfare does not include?
D.quick promotion in job
4. Basic problems of an economy is/are –
A.Elimination ofpoverty and reduction of inequalities of income and wealth
B.Decide as to what, how and for whom to produce
C.Providing Social Security and employment to all
D.Providing basic requirements of life to all
5. in a simple keynesian model equilibrium is characterized by the equality of
A.planned saving and planned investment
B.realized saving and realized investment
C.planned saving and realized investment
D.realized saving and planned investment
6. If the selling prrice of product under perfect competition is Rs. 25, the Marginal Revenue will be
B.Less than Rs. 25
C.More than Rs. 25
D.Equal to Rs. 25
7. Marginal revenue is
A.Revenue realized from the sale of all units
B.the average revenue of a firm
C.Revenue realized on the sale of an extra units
D.Revenue realized on every unit sold
8. Demand Curve is indeterminate under-
9. Dispersion indicates
A.the value of mean
B.spread of data and around central measure
C.the value of standard deviation
D.the value of mode
10. The ‘Wage good strategy’ of development was formulated by-
11. ‘Economic drain’ theory was popularized by –
12. Which among the following Five Year Plans could not start on its due time?
13. Gross Domestic Product is the monetary value of-
A.stock of goods and services
B.all final goods and services produced in a year
C.goods produced for the market only
D.goods produced for the market and for self consumption
14. Which of the following market structures has a kinked demand curve?
15. Which of the following is not correct?
A.I Plan (1951-1956)
B.III Plan (1966 – 1971)
C.XI Plan (2007-2012)
D.VI Plan (1980-1985)
16. Which of the following institutions deals with credit to Agriculture and Rural developments?
17. Monetary Policy in India id formulated by-
18. Which one of the following pairs of goods is an example for joint supply?
A.Coffee and Tea
B.Ink and Pen
C.Tooth Brush and Paste
D.Wool and Mutton
19. Closed Economy means-
A.no provision for public sector
B.no provision for private sector
C.economy policy not well defined
D.a country having no imports and exports
20. At “Break-even point”
A.the industry is in equilibrium
B.the producers suffers the mimimum loss
C.the seller earns the maximum
D.the firm is at zero-profit point