This post contains the practice set of double blanks questions for SBI PO Associate and IBPS Clerk exam. The English section usually has 5 to 10 questions of double blanks. In our earlier post, we have also shared the tips on how to approach these type of questions.You can read them here:Tips to approach Two blanks questions.
For any queries don’t hesitate to mail us at:2014@firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you.
Each question below has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted.Choose the set of words for each blank which best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
Double blanks questions Practice set
1. The sun has constantly been ________ and reappearing and that has got the temperature ______.
2. The teacher called upon the students to _______ interest in science and participate in various orientation programmes in order to _______ their scientific skills.
3. The commissioner may ________ the state government to close five police stations ______ of poor infrastructure and bad location.
A.order, in the light
4. Over one lakh aspirants ______ their luck in various examinations _______ to the city on Sunday, which turned out to be a peaceful day..
5. The singer certainly ________ up to the sky high expectations of his audience by ______ them with some of the biggest hits of his career.
6. Governments do not want to take a decision and resort to soft pedaling,delay tactics and collusion, hoping that the judiciary will _______ in to relive them of the _____ of decision making.
7. The most important factor is the ________ of a wealthy Indian middle clas which can now _____ to send their children abroad for education.
8. Crores of public money is _______ on parks in the city and yet most of them are out of _______ for the public.
9. Rules are for those who cannot ________ them and not for the rich and influential who can _______ to ignore them.
10. Experts cannot ________enough on the benefits of ______ more fruit and vegetables in your daily diet.
11. A pleothra of cultural talent ______ spectators busy at a talent hunt programme where students from various colleges get together to ______ their mettle in various contests.
12. The ________ Chinese plastic thread should be banned as it _______ thousands of birds every year during the kite flying season.
13. Harish ______ with me some basic techniques that one can _____ at home without even owning a drumset.
14. In the present case, the facts clearly ______ that the required reasonable degree of care and caution was not _____ by the hospital in the treatment of the patient.
15. Students from the middle east and the African countries have _____ been ______ contributors to the pool of foreign students in the university.
16. The minister ______ about various ______ being provided by officials for the pilgrims including direction wise colour coded passenger enclosures.
17. It is _______ to drive in the evening and night when the ______ of accidents looms large due to non-functional streetlights.
18. An overcast sky made Sunday less than _____ for city residents, who going by weather experts have more in _______.
19. Many teachers ______ the lack of professional freedom as the _____ for leaving the job.
20. Skeptics would not ______ that the earth actually moves, let alone that it ______ around the sun.