This Verbal(Reasoning) Practice setinclude Direction Sense Test Questions that can be asked in SSC, IBPS RRB, IBPS PO, IBPS CLERK and other competitive examinations.
Direction Sense Test Questions
1. A man is facing west.He turns 45 degree in the clockwise direction and then another 180 degree in the same direction and then 270 degree in the anti-clockwise direction.Which direction is he facing now?
2. If you are facing North-east and move 10 m forward ,turn left and move 7.5 m ,then you are:
A.North of your initial position
B.South of your initial position
C.East of your initial position
D.12 m from your initial position
3. Kailash faces towards north.Turning to his right ,he walks 5 metres .He then turns to his left and walks 30 metres .Next,he moves 25 metres to his right.He then turns to his right again and walks 55 metres.Finally ,he turns to the right and moves 40 metres.In which direction is he now from his starting point?
4. Kunal walks 10 km towards North.From there he walks 6 km towards South.Then,he walks 3 km towards East.How far and in which direction is he with reference to his starting point?
A.5 km West
B.7 km West
C.7 km East
D.5 km North-East
5. Johnson left for his office in his car.He drove 15 km towards north and then 10 km towards west.He then turned to the south and covered 5 km.Further,he turned to the east and moved 8 km.Finally ,he turned right and drove 10 km .How far and in which
direction is he from his starting point?
A.2 km West
B.5 Km East
C.6 km South
D.3 km North
6. A man is facing towards west and turns through 45 degree clockwise ,again 180 degree clockwise and then turns through 270 degree anti-clockwise .In which direction is he facing now?
7. I am facing east.I turn 100 degree in the clockwise direction and then 145 degree in the anti-clockwise direction.Which direction am I facing now?
8. A river flows west to east and on the way turns left and goes in a semi-circle round a hillock, and then turns left at right angles.In which direction is the river finally flowing?
9. You go North ,turns right ,then right again and then go to the left .In which direction are you now?
10. I am standing at the center of a circular field .I go down south to the edge of the field and then turning left I walk along the boundary of the field equal to three-eights of its length .Then I turn west and go right across to the opposite point on the boundary .In which direction am I from the starting point?
11. Kunal walks 10 km toward North.From there ,he walks 6 km towards South .Then ,he walks 3 km towards East.How far and in which direction is he with reference to his starting point?
A.5 km West
B.5 km North-East
C.7 km East
D.7 km West
12. Rohan walks a distance of 3 km towards North,then he turns to his left and walks for 2 km .He again turns left and walks for 3 km .At this point he turns to his left and walks for 3 km.How many km is he from the starting point?
13. Manick walked 40 m towards North,took a left turn and walked 20 m .He again took a left turn and walked for 40 km.How far and in which direction is he from the starting point?
A.20 m East
B.20 m North
C.20 m South
D.20 m West
14. Namita walks 14 m towards west,then turns to her right and walks 14 m and then turns to her left and walks 10 m.Again turning to her left she walks 14 m .What is the shortest distance between her starting point and the present position?
15. A man leaves for his office from his house.He walks towards East.After moving a distance of 20 m ,he turns South and walks 10 m.Then he walks 35 m towards the West and further 5 m towards the North .He then turns towards East and walks 15 m .What is the straight distance between his initial and final positions?
D.None of these
16. Amit walked 30 m towards East ,took a right turn and walked 40 m .Then he took a left turn and walked 30 m .In which direction is he now from the starting point?
17. A villager went to meet his uncle in another village situated 5 km away in the North-East direction of his own village.From there he came to meet his father-in-law living in a village situated 4 km in the south of his uncle’s village .How far away and in what direction is he now?
A.3 km in the North
B.3 km in the East
C.4 km in the East
D.4 km in the west
18. Sanjeev walks 10 m towards the South .Turning to the left ,he walks 20 m and then moves to his right .After moving a distance of 20 m ,he turns to the right and walks 20 m.Finally,he turns to the right and moves a distance of 10 m .How far and in which direction is he from the starting point?
A.10 m South
B.10 m North
C.20 m South
D.20 m North
19. I am facing South.I turn right and walk 20 m .Then I turn right again and walk 10 m .Then I turn left and walk 10 m and then turning right walk 20 m.Then,I turn right again and walks 60 m.In which direction am I from the starting point?
20. A man walks 1 km towards East and then he turns to South and walks 5 km.Again he turns to East and walks 2 km,after this he turns to North and walks 9 km .Now,how far is he from his starting point?