Union Government launched Indian Wind Resource Atlas as an online GIS tool
- Indian Wind Resource Atlas launched at 100-metre level. The Atlas will help to deal with issues related to tariff fixation, transmission, grade frequency, etc
- It is an important online GIS (Geographic Information System) tool for identification of the regional and local wind energy potential in India
- The Atlas has an average annual values of Wind Speed, Capacity Utilization Factor (CUF) and Wind Power Density calculated for an average 2 MW turbine at 100 m
4th India-Bhutan Development Cooperation Talks for the 11th Five Year Plan
- The fourth India-Bhutan Development Cooperation Talks for the 11th Five Year Plan of Bhutan took placein New Delhi
- The Indian delegation Sujata Mehta, Secretary (M&ER) and the Bhutanese delegation Dasho Tshering Dorji, Foreign Secretary of Bhutan talked about the progress of Project Tied Assistance (PTA) projects
- The next annual Development Cooperation Talks will take place in 2016 in the Bhutanese capital Thimphu
- India has committed 2800 crore rupees as PTA, 850 crore rupees for Programme Grant and 850 crore rupees for Small Development Projects (SDPs) for Bhutan’s 11th Five Year Plan (July 2013 – June 2018)
West-Central Railway (WCR) zone became the first to eliminate unmanned crossing
- The West-Central Railway (WCR) zone headquartered in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh has turned into the first Railway Zone in Indian Railways to eliminate all unmanned level crossings.
- A total of 118 unmanned level crossings were removed in phase manner by August 31, 2015. In the financial year 2014-15, 80 crossings were eliminated and the remaining 38 crossings in August 2015.
Science and Technology
- GSLV-D6 successfully launched GSAT-6 communication satellite from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR, Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.It is an advanced communication satellite into a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO)
- GSLV-D6 is the ninth flight of GSLV and fifth developmental flight of GSLV. The Cryogenic Upper Stage (CUS) is being carried on-board for the third time during a GSLV flight
Importance of Cryogenic Upper Stage (CUS)
A Cryogenic rocket stage is more fuel efficient and provides more thrust for every kilogram of propellant it burns.
What is GSAT System?
The GSAT or Geosynchronous satellite (as they function in a geosynchronous orbit around the Earth) is a group of communication satellites developed by the ISRO to help India build the broadcasting services.
The first satellite was launched in April 2001 in the series GSAT-1 and till now 12 satellites were launched and only six among them are operational.
Forward Markets Commission to be merged with SEBI
- Union Government declared the merger of commodities market regulator Forward Markets Commission (FMC) with Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). It will be effective from 28 September 2015.
- The Regulation of Commodity Derivatives Market is also shifted to SEBI under Securities Contracts Regulation Act (SCRA) 1956.
- During the Budget Speech, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had declared the merger of FMC with the capital market regulator SEBI to strengthen the regulation of commodity futures market.
ICICI Lombard in bancassurance tie-up with CSB
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance tied up with Catholic Syrian Bank(CSB) to offer general insurance solutions to the bank’s customer base in Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra
- The bank has a total of 431 branches across 15 states and 4 union territories. The focus is on the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and retail client segments apart from NRI customers
PHDCCI (PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry) launched Intellectual Property Rights Facilitation Centre(IPFC) for MSMEs in Lucknow
- The focus of IPFC is to nurture innovative activities in the MSME in Uttar Pradesh
- PHDCCI is multi-state agency engaged in the promotion of industry, trade and entrepreneurship based in New Delhi
- The functions of the IPFC are: IPR Protection Facilitation, IP Capacity Building: Awareness & Training, IP Information Services and IP Counselling & Advisory Services
Books and Authors
The Book titled Globalisation, Democratization and Distributive Justice written by the
Professor Mool Chand Sharma, Professor of Law at Delhi University and is currently the Member of 20th Law Commission of India, presented book titled Globalisation, Democratization and Distributive Justice to Vice President Hamid Ansari.
- Four-colour logo of Tokyo 2020 Olympics Games was removed by Games Organising Committee as a Belgian graphic designer Olivier Debie said that it was plagiarised from his work
- Satish Kumar entered in Asian boxing semifinal in plus +91 category held at Bangkok defeating Tajikistan’s Siyovush Zukhurov
ABB has promoted Bazmi Husain, managing director of ABB India, as the global chief technology officer, the Swiss-engineering.Husain will be the first Indian on this position and he will join in beginning of 2016. He replaced Ravi Uppal.