Here are the few Common Error Questions for SSC CGL Set 6. Here are some quick tips to solve,common error questions, you can read them here.
Practice set on COMMON ERROR QUESTIONS FOR SSC CGL SET 6
In the following questions, some parts of the sentences have errors and some have none. Find out which part of a sentence has an error. The number of that part is the answer.If there is no error, then the answer is (D)i.e No error.
1. Ten kilometres (A)/ are (B)/ a /(C) / long distance (D).
2. He (A)/has seen (B)/ the picture (C) / yesterday (D).
3. Looking forward(A) / to (B)/ meet you (C) / here (D).
4. My father(A)/ has returned back(B)/ to Chennai yesterday.(C)/ No error (D)
5. It is being very dark(A)/ the visitors found it difficulty(B)/ to locate the switch(C)/ No error (D)
6. As he walked over cafeteria (A) / he noticed that his stride (B) / was just a little more bouncier than (C) / when he had first walked into school. (D) / No Error(E)
7. The shepherd counted (A) / his sheep and found (B) / that one of (C) / them is missing.(D) / No error (E)
8. The teacher were (A) / impressed by her performance (B) / and asked her to (C)/participate in the competition. (D) / No error (E)
9. At last he had (A) / come home again but (B) / was very sad because (C) / he is missing his pet sorely. (D) / No error (E)
10. You might not have (A) / heard about the ice-cube collectors before(B) / but are really not (C)/ strongest as they sound.(D) / No error (E)
11. The explanation was not (A) / an total failure becuase people (B) / came to realise that the club could work (C) /if people cared enough about it. (D) / No error
12. Each morning they(A) / emptied they trays(B) / into large garbage cans (C) / which were placed in the street. (D)/ No error (E)
13. The story was(A) / about how an (B) / intelligent man had saving (C) / sitting on his throne. (D) / No error (E)
14. The painter was (A) /ask to paint (B) / picture of the king (C) / sitting on his throne.(D) / No error (E)
15. Most of the people which (A) / have been victims (B) / of extreme violence (C) / are too frightened to report it to the police. (D) / No error (E)
16. When one hears of the incident (A) / about the plane crash (B) / he feels very sorry. (C)/ No Error (D)
17. I went there (A) / with a view to survey (B) / the entire procedure.(C) / No Error(D)
18. It had laid (A) / in the closet (B) / for a week before we found it.(C) / No Error(D)
19. He was present (A) / in the court (B) / to give witness. (C) / No Error (D)
20. He laughed (A)/ on her (B)/ as she fell off the tree. (C)/ No Error (D)